The Hereteach Alliance is recruiting potential SLEs (Specialist Leaders in Education)
Who can apply?
- Excellent teachers, middle or senior leaders keen to take up the opportunity to develop their skills through sharing expertise with others
- Enthusiastic and innovative teachers with experience in any age range, subject or school type
- Outstanding “leaders” who have the skills to support individuals or teams in similar positions in other schools. They are able to demonstrate outstanding leadership practice in their own area of expertise and are skilled in helping other leaders to achieve it in their own context.
What benefits are there for the SLE?
- A formal accreditation recognising highly valued skills and expertise
- High quality CPD for other staff
- Working autonomously and independently
- Experience of working collaboratively with others and networking with peers
- Being creative and trying out new ideas
- Developing coaching and facilitation skills
- Working in other contexts, processes and styles and different school environments
- Learning from ideas and approaches used in other schools, to improve their own performance and that of colleagues in their own school
- Improving in his or her current role, to support opportunities for promotion.
Benefits for the SLE’s School
- The basic rate of £300.00 per day for SLE deployment comes into the SLE’s School (£50.00 administration charge)
- SLEs are motivated and re-energized by undertaking such leadership roles which can in turn support staff retention.
- SLEs will further develop their coaching and mentoring skills which can then be used to support colleagues in their own school.
- SLEs experience working in other school contexts which supports developing practice in their own school.
- School-to-school support enables the sharing and development of outstanding, innovative practice, which can benefit both schools in a partnership.
How to Apply
The next application round will open on 27th February 2017 and will close on 20th March, with interviews week commencing 27th March 2017 . We are currently looking for SLEs with specialisms in: Assessment, Art, Science (Biology, Chemistry and Physics), Closing the Gap, Drama, Design and Technology, EYFS, Geography, History, Music, NQT Development, Phonics, Early Maths, Early Literacy and SEND
Fill in the Application Form below